This is one of the one of the largest School Sports Programme in the country. We work with over 50 schools in South Dublin County and 17 National Governing Bodies of Sport.
Purpose of the school programme
This programme seeks to link Sporting Bodies with local schools. The main aims of the programme are:
- To allow children in participating schools to experience high level coaching in specific sport disciplines
- To provide structured Teacher Professional Development in the area of Physical Education
- To provide schools with a knowledge base to allow them continue offering the sport with their physical education programme after the formal programme finishes
- To enhance PE equipment within schools
- To encourage the children to become involved with the coached sport at club level outside of school
- Programmes will include a 2-3 hour teacher training element. This 2-3 hour session can be delivered at a time that suits the school – within school hours where teachers can be released for the training or after school as part of Croke Park hours. In all cases teacher CPD programmes are free to the schools.
- Programmes may offer a 4-6 week training package.
- Equipment to support the sport may be available to the school at approximately -40% – 50% of cost price.
- Schools may apply for up to two activities within the scheme, 1 per term.
It is envisaged that demand will exceed available resources and in this event SDCSP will endeavour to deliver a single programme to as many schools as possible rather than multiple programmes to a smaller number of schools.
All sports coaches will be vetted through South Dublin County Sports Partnership with a written agreement between SDCSP and individual schools.
Term One: Mid-September – End of October
Term Two: Early November – Mid December
Term Three: Mid-January – End of February